Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mardi Gras

Posted by Picasa The challenge this week at Gothic Arches was 'Mardi Gras' - a topic that I love as I have a great collection of masks. This card uses my new mask stamp from Stamp Addicts and a smaller 4 masked cube from them too. The arch background was created using alcohol inks of various shades swooshed over glossy card. I then overstamped in black the smaller masks and added Stickles glitter glue. For the large mask I stamped using the resist technique and brayered with the Waterfall Big and Juicy ink pad. The eyes were from another piece of varying coloured ink cards. I added glitter glue in gold and clear, the black mask and two feathers and edged with gold Pentouch. I always had hoped when we lived overseas that I would get to New Orleans at Mardi Gras - never made it - but I can live in hope. Just realized that this fits DCM 'Green' challenge too.

10 comments:

Beryl said...

Fantastic. Lovely colours and very very 'Mardi Gras'.
Beryl xx

Dragon said...

OOOOO this is tremendous, honey. It is so colourful and not purple (tee hee) Seriously, it's a lovely arch. Can't get my idea to stick yet!!
xx

Evelyn S. said...

This is such a beautiful project! I love your colors and the masks are fantastic.

Judy said...

You've used one of my favourite colours, Cynthia, love your design!
judyNZ

Ann Whitfield said...

Fantastic arch Cynthia - you've stimulated my creative juices too
Ann x

AliMayes said...

Lovely arch Cynthia and the feathers are great!
Ali xx

RubyMay said...

I love the masks Cynthia...brilliant arch and very Mardi Gras ! x

Pat said...

Beautiful card, love the mask and the colours are gorgeous.

Pat xx

Jozza said...

Wow this is great! Thanks for playing x

Lynn Stevens said...

Great arch Love the masks

Bermuda Time

HAMILTON, BERMUDA

Scottish Time

HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND