Thursday, February 19, 2009

Distressed Pelican

Posted by Picasa Theme Thursday topic this week was to use 'Labels' on our card and the Cuttlebug Challenge was to use 'Distress' so I have combined the two here. I ran the white card through the Swiss Dots folder then added Distress inks in greens and browns and sanded over the top. I added the lovely Pelican label from Crafty Image Emporium CD, added distress ink to the edges and attached a larger cut out pelican with a wonderful crown on his head. Now why would a pelican be advertising California Peas I ask myself? answers please.

11 comments:

Buffy said...

I just love the label you used. Beautiful work.

Claudette said...

love what you did here on this card...the pelican is awsome that you recreated

Anonymous said...

Well, that is certainly a good question. Why indeed would a pelican be advertising California peas?

I love how you did the background with the Cuttlebug folder and the distress inks. Really a great look.

Dragon said...

OOOO It's really yummy... I love the pelicans... I am just working onmy lable one..
xx

K said...

beautiful! love the shade of green!

Kris Dickinson said...

Really wonderful!

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this work Cynthia but as to the answer to your question......................:)
Ann x

Beryl K said...

I love this one Cynthia, the pelican is gorgeous and green is my favourite colour
Beryl x

RubyMay said...

brilliant work Cynthia! I love it !
Perhaps he is advertising because he's green....or did he go green eating all those peas ...er...I think you will have to put me down as a "don't know "! x

Beryl said...

This is great Cynthia. How often do you see a pelican on a card. I love it.
Beryl xx

Jendy said...

Great card. Love the King pelican. And the green is beautiful!

Bermuda Time

HAMILTON, BERMUDA

Scottish Time

HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND